Residents of Houston, Texas and the surrounding cities are facing an apocalyptic scenario today. With Hurricane Harvey poised to dump over 30 inches of rain in some parts of the already flood-prone area, residents are filling grocery stores looking to buy food and water before the floods hit.
The problem is, once a disaster is so close, it’s already too late to get yourself properly prepared. At empty grocery stores shoppers will be forced to settle on whatever is available. A little forethought could have set them up with a supply of food, water, medicines and other supplies to get them through the storm.
Take a look at the video below. Harvey is still off the coast and store shelves are already bare.
Use the chaos in Texas today as a reminder to take a moment to assess your own preparedness. What natural disasters are likely in your area? Are you ready for such events?
Take a look at the Richardcyoung.com map of the Best Survival States. How does yours look today?
Remember, a little preparing now could help you avoid being at the mercy of empty grocery store shelves later.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Thrills in Bills: New Excitement for Treasury Investors - October 5, 2022
- WATCH: Jean-Pierre STUMPED By Question on Gas Prices - October 5, 2022
- Can Politics Predict the Markets? - October 5, 2022
- The Simple, Elegant Power of the Retirement Compounders - October 5, 2022
- My Money Sleeps: “I Never Bought a Car as an Investment in My Life,” Jay Leno - October 4, 2022