Residents of Houston, Texas and the surrounding cities are facing an apocalyptic scenario today. With Hurricane Harvey poised to dump over 30 inches of rain in some parts of the already flood-prone area, residents are filling grocery stores looking to buy food and water before the floods hit.
The problem is, once a disaster is so close, it’s already too late to get yourself properly prepared. At empty grocery stores shoppers will be forced to settle on whatever is available. A little forethought could have set them up with a supply of food, water, medicines and other supplies to get them through the storm.
Take a look at the video below. Harvey is still off the coast and store shelves are already bare.
Use the chaos in Texas today as a reminder to take a moment to assess your own preparedness. What natural disasters are likely in your area? Are you ready for such events?
Take a look at the Richardcyoung.com map of the Best Survival States. How does yours look today?
Remember, a little preparing now could help you avoid being at the mercy of empty grocery store shelves later.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! - January 18, 2021
- Are $2,000 Checks Going to Rebuild NYC? - January 15, 2021
- The Fed is Sacrificing Retirees to Save the Banks - January 15, 2021
- How Are You Doing on a Local Level? - January 14, 2021
- February RAGE Gauge: Americans Focusing on What’s In Front of Them - January 14, 2021