Teresa Mull reports at Gunpowder Magazine that 8 mass shooting suspects were stopped by American citizens in 2016 and 2017. She writes:
“The FBI has designated 50 shootings in 2016 and 2017 as active shooter incidents. Twenty incidents occurred in 2016, while 30 incidents occurred in 2017,” the report says.
Of the 50 mass shootings (defined as “three or more killings in a single incident”) that happened in 21 states, 14 incidents ended with the exchange of gunfire between the shooters and law enforcement, 13 shooters committed suicide, 11 shooters were killed by police, 18 shooters were apprehended by police, and 8 shooters were stopped by citizens.
“Armed and unarmed citizens engaged the shooter in 10 incidents,” the report concludes. “They safely and successfully ended the shootings in eight of those incidents. Their selﬂess actions likely saved many lives. The enhanced threat posed by active shooters and the swiftness with which active shooter incidents unfold support the importance of preparation by law enforcement officers and citizens alike.”
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Survive and Thrive February 2023: 4 Life Changing Words: “You Should Try This” - February 1, 2023
- Tom Brady Retires, Again. Should You? - February 1, 2023
- Reagan’s America Remembered by Your Survival Guy and More - February 1, 2023
- America’s Unprecedented Debt Problem - February 1, 2023
- What Kind of Life Are You Investing For? - January 31, 2023