You want to read Cato’s 14th biennial Fiscal Report Card on America’s Governors, produced by Chris Edwards—director of tax policy studies and editor of www.downsizingGovernment.org. There’s no hiding from the teacher in the school of fiscal responsibility.
The report grades 43 governors, excluding governors of Alabama, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, New Jersey, and Virginia because of their short time in office. And it excludes Alaska’s governor because of the peculiarities of that state’s budget, explains Edwards.
You can guess how poorly the Democrats scored. But, changing gears for a moment, two of the five Republicans with A’s will be gone come November because of term limits. Susan Martinez of New Mexico and Paul LePage of Maine are out. And current polls are leaning Democrat. It’s tough to be both a reformer and to be popular.2018-fiscal-policy-report-card-on-americas-governor
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Toilet Paper and SPAM: What More You Can Do? - April 16, 2021
- The Three Bubbles Threatening Your Portfolio Today - April 16, 2021
- Crushing Words to Avoid: “We’re Disappointed in You” - April 15, 2021
- Don’t Miss the Boat: Meet Your Money Stewards - April 15, 2021
- Why Service Is King in 1(800)# Teenage Wasteland - April 14, 2021