Your Survival Guy’s thoughts on the eve of Juneteenth.
- How long will Main Street be told how to live our lives and what we need to care about?
- Leadership has no clue how you live your life on Main Street.
- Former national security adviser John Bolton never saw a war he wouldn’t have someone else’s children fight. Main Street has had enough of Bolton’s military adventurism.
- Fired national security adviser Bolton served in the past four Republican presidential administrations. President Trump and Main Street want to keep their loved ones out of Bolton-type wars. This is no longer Bolton’s GOP.
- How is Main Street where you live? In Newport, RI the town council initially wanted to raise taxes, apparently clueless to the conditions around them. That’s how out of touch they are.
- The measure to increase taxes in Newport failed after a 5-2 vote against it. The mayor (one of the two votes for tax increases) wants higher taxes. She said, “I don’t think this budget is reflective of our community values, so that’s why I’m choosing not to support it at this time.” Main Street knows its values, thank you, mayor.
- Guess what the tax increase would fund (what the mayor calls our values)? Schools, payment towards retirees’ health benefits, salary adjustments, and capital and maintenance projects. In other words: the previously underfunded pensions/health benefits and new raises. What about Main Street?
- RI Gov. Gina Raimondo says the good news is there’ll be no more snow days because kids can learn from home. Newsflash: Kids aren’t learning, and how about focusing on getting Main Street back to work and less about snow days.
- Main Street cares more about getting Little Leaguers on the field and could care less about Major League baseball.
- You local leaders discuss police “defunding,” and you realize life on Main Street will never be the same.
The following two tabs change content below.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
E.J. Smith is Founder of YourSurvivalGuy.com, Managing Director at Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd., a Managing Editor of Richardcyoung.com, and Editor-in-Chief of Youngresearch.com. His focus at all times is on preparing clients and readers for “Times Like These.” E.J. graduated from Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts, with a B.S. in finance and investments. In 1995, E.J. began his investment career at Fidelity Investments in Boston before joining Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd. in 1998. E.J. has trained at Sig Sauer Academy in Epping, NH. His first drum set was a 5-piece Slingerland with Zildjians. He grew-up worshiping Neil Peart (RIP) of the band Rush, and loves the song Tom Sawyer—the name of his family’s boat, a Grady-White Canyon 306. He grew up in Mattapoisett, MA, an idyllic small town on the water near Cape Cod. He spends time in Newport, RI and Bartlett, NH—both as far away from Wall Street as one could mentally get. The Newport office is on a quiet, tree lined street not far from the harbor and the log cabin in Bartlett, NH, the “Live Free or Die” state, sits on the edge of the White Mountain National Forest. He enjoys spending time in Key West and Paris. Please get in touch with E.J. at firstname.lastname@example.org To sign up for my free monthly Survive & Thrive letter, click here.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- “I Need Preservation of Principal and Growth” - March 22, 2023
- DEMOCRATIC SENATOR: Biden’s ESG Veto “Absolutely Infuriating” - March 22, 2023
- Are You Fairly Wealthy? I’m Listening - March 21, 2023
- How Long Is Your Water Supply Chain? - March 21, 2023
- Your Survival Guy’s BEST Insider’s Guide to Key West - March 20, 2023