We lost power early Friday night for about an hour. It’s incredible how much can happen in an hour and how you realize your prep isn’t up to par when the lights go out.
That’s where Your Survival Guy found himself at the start of the weekend.
Thankfully the generator kicked in without a hitch. But that doesn’t mean all was well. First off, my son left on Thursday for a weekend ski trip with his high school friends. He didn’t have a chance to go to the bank. That left me, Your Survival Guy, with zero cash on hand after giving him all I had, a needless and avoidable position.
- Emergency Cash: Bitcoin or Dollars?
- The Threat of a Cashless Society
- RAGE Gauge: Your Survival Cash and the Gold Rush
- Here’s Why You Should Treat Your Disaster Cash like Gold
- Is Your Cash Safe? Probably not This Safe
Even with a generator, there are areas of our house that are not well lit. Take our foyer for example. Becky happened to be out walking our dog Louis at the time of the outage. When she left, it was still light outside but she came back in the dark to a darkened home. Dark, that is, except for me with my flashlight rummaging through the car key drawer. I nearly gave her a heart attack as she wondered why someone was moving around in the house with a flashlight.
Nice move Survival Guy.
Next, the upstairs hallway was unlit, but thankfully our Blackout Buddies kicked in, but the dimming light meant it’s time to replace the batteries (the time to replace them was weeks ago pre-blackout).
It was only a one-hour blackout but it was enough to be another reminder that you can’t be too prepared even if you think you are—Survival Guy.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Stupid Attack on NRA has Battleground State Dems Terrified - August 7, 2020
- Your Retirement Life: “You Want Maine Lobster” - August 7, 2020
- Americans Want Guns Now More than Ever: Will They Elect Anti-Gun Politicians? - August 6, 2020
- The Wealthy Escaped the City: Politicians Beg them to Come Back and Pay Taxes - August 6, 2020
- Lott Debunks Gun Control Myths - August 5, 2020