During a conversation with a client yesterday, she thanked us for sending her the book The Longevity Plan: Seven Life-Transforming Lessons from Ancient China. “Rather than put it on the bookshelf,” she told me, “I’m keeping it on my bed-side table for easy reference.”
We live busy lives today, where technological clutter abounds. One truth repeated throughout the book is the sophistication in simplicity, a concept Richard Young has referred to as a tenet for your investment success.
From The Longevity Plan: Seven Life-Transforming Lessons from Ancient China, by Dr. John D. Day:
“COME NOW,” SHE SAID. “I WILL TEACH YOU TO MAKE LONGEVITY soup.”
I’d been waiting for this moment for a very long time; finally I would learn the secret. Finally I’d know.
Feng Chun crushed a handful of hemp seeds, and then another. She strained them with hot water. She boiled the mixture in a wok, added some pumpkin greens, and stirred.
“There you are,” she said, pouring the gray liquid into a bowl.
“Wait,” I said. “That’s it?”
“But…but that’s so simple!”
“Of course it is,” she said. “What did you expect?”
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023
- 4 Life Changing Words for Your Survival Guy: “You Should Try This” - January 26, 2023
- Anti-Carbon Crusaders in Davos Talk ESG and OPM - January 25, 2023