During a conversation with a client yesterday, she thanked us for sending her the book The Longevity Plan: Seven Life-Transforming Lessons from Ancient China. “Rather than put it on the bookshelf,” she told me, “I’m keeping it on my bed-side table for easy reference.”
We live busy lives today, where technological clutter abounds. One truth repeated throughout the book is the sophistication in simplicity, a concept Richard Young has referred to as a tenet for your investment success.
From The Longevity Plan: Seven Life-Transforming Lessons from Ancient China, by Dr. John D. Day:
“COME NOW,” SHE SAID. “I WILL TEACH YOU TO MAKE LONGEVITY soup.”
I’d been waiting for this moment for a very long time; finally I would learn the secret. Finally I’d know.
Feng Chun crushed a handful of hemp seeds, and then another. She strained them with hot water. She boiled the mixture in a wok, added some pumpkin greens, and stirred.
“There you are,” she said, pouring the gray liquid into a bowl.
“Wait,” I said. “That’s it?”
“But…but that’s so simple!”
“Of course it is,” she said. “What did you expect?”
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- THE UNWOKENING: Corporate Executives Signal Big Step Back on ESG - October 7, 2022
- Putin’s Biggest Advantage Is Biden’s Terrible Economic Policies - October 7, 2022
- Remember Tony Bobulinksi? You’ll Be Stunned by What He’s Saying Now - October 7, 2022
- The Problem with Interest Rate Predictors - October 6, 2022
- Louisiana Joins West Virginia, Texas in Targeting BlackRock’s ESG Activism - October 6, 2022