The fact that Donald Trump considered our favored John Allison for Treasury is a nod to free markets and hopefully an indicator of good things to come. The Cato Institute’s manager of sponsor services, Brian Mullis, sent this email, along with a great video of Allison to me yesterday.
I thought you might be interested in a short highlight reel of former Cato Institute president and CEO John Allison’s media tour this week, which followed his discussion of monetary and financial regulatory reforms in a meeting with President-elect Trump and nominee for Treasury secretary Steven Mnuchin. During appearances on every major cable-news network, John’s message focused on the shortcomings of centralized, bureaucratic, and discretionary monetary and financial regulatory systems.
And as the Chairman of the Executive Advisory Council of Cato’s Center for Monetary and Financial Alternatives, John helps guide the Center’s creation of principled, market-based reforms such as higher capital requirements for financial institutions in return for fewer regulations, as well as rules-based monetary policy. The Center’s efforts toward these goals were amplified with John’s recent media exposure in over 50 print and broadcast stories.
Thank you for partnering in Cato’s defense of liberty. Please let me know if you ever need assistance in contacting Cato’s staff or taking advantage of our resources.
With best regards,
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023
- 4 Life Changing Words for Your Survival Guy: “You Should Try This” - January 26, 2023
- Anti-Carbon Crusaders in Davos Talk ESG and OPM - January 25, 2023