“An American classic, an extraordinary testimony to the brokenness of the white working class but also its strengths. It’s one of the best books I’ve ever read…the most important book of 2016. You cannot understand what’s happening now without first reading J.D. Vance.” -Rod Dreher, The American Conservative
You get the point. If that doesn’t make you want to read #1 New York Times bestseller Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis, by J.D. Vance, then the title might. What got me to read it was a column in my local paper written by someone I tend to disagree with except for this time. He wrote that if you want to understand more about the voters that put Donald Trump in the White House, then read this book. And so I did.
I’ll have more for you about the book in my next post.
Read Part II here.
‘Hillbilly Elegy’ author on Trump voters
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Media’s Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - April 7, 2020
- Protect Your Business: NYPD Reports 75% Increase in Business Burglaries - April 6, 2020
- Investing Takes Faith - April 3, 2020
- Survive & Thrive April: Only Trump Saw the Risk in America’s Relationship with China - April 2, 2020
- Barter is Back: Know the True Value of Your Eggs and Soap - April 2, 2020