With Trump’s win, the lifeblood of this country, small businesses, are now open for business. Pay no attention to today’s market. It’s simply the hedge funds unwinding their losing bets. And that’s exactly what they do with other people’s money. They bet. Stay tuned.
Meanwhile gold prices are soaring. Fortune reports:
The price of gold surged nearly 4% to $1,316 an ounce on Tuesday night. That was the biggest jump for the yellow metal, which is often seen as one of the world’s safest assets, since the Brexit vote this past summer.
The price of U.S. Treasury bonds are also rising, sending yields lower, in response to signs that Trump could win the presidential elections.
Gold is soaring as investors are overnight bailing out of stocks world wide. There’s also been a sell off in the Mexican peso. The market has long seen the Mexican economy as the most vulnerable to a Trump presidency. Mexico’s economy is dependent on the U.S. and Trump has cutting on pulling back economic ties to the neighboring country. A number of economists have also worried that Trump’s economic policies, like imposing tariffs on China and limiting immigration could slow the U.S. economy, and cause prices to surge. Gold is often seen as a hedge against inflation.
Earlier on Tuesday, the huge hedge fund Bridgewater Associates said that the stock market could fall over 10% if Trump wins the presidency.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Personal Safety: Concealed-Carry How to Carry Your Freedom - January 22, 2021
- Your Retirement Life: Meet Your BMW Club Racing Program Director - January 22, 2021
- PANDEMIC Pushes Military-Grade Surveillance on Americans Like YOU - January 21, 2021
- Do You Know Who’s the Largest Owner of Farmland in America? - January 21, 2021
- A President Speaks: “Hard Work Never Killed Anybody” - January 20, 2021