One of the many great features of the stocks in Young Research’s Retirement Compounders portfolio (RCs), is their dividend paying histories. Pair the RCs with a solid fixed-income investment, and you’re on your way to being a world class investor. At MarketWatch, investing legend John Bogle echoes the call for defensive investing.
One development could mitigate much of the advantage that index funds enjoy and slow the rush to own them, but you’re probably not going to like it. When the market suffers a prolonged decline, active managers can gain an edge over indexers by moving large portions of assets into cash or into defensive sectors such as utilities and consumer staples.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Friday Night Shoot with My Kids - September 23, 2020
- You Invest They Win, AGAIN - September 23, 2020
- Are You Working with Sound Investment Counsel You Can Trust? - September 22, 2020
- Vaccine? What’s Love Got to Do with It? - September 22, 2020
- Joe Biden: Forgetful Yes, Forgotten, Not So Much - September 22, 2020