As you’ve seen in this table, the amount of money in the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index family is enormous. It’s where money goes to die, and is perhaps one of the greatest bubbles no one sees.
You have advisors recommending this index approach until they’re blue in the face. They give presentations to the investment committee of pensions, foundations, LLCs, hedge funds, you name it, and say, “Well Bob, with this fund, you have a slice of the stock market.” A good follow-up question is how much of the total is dependent on just ten stocks?
Action Line: Lots of careers are made recommending indexes. There’s a lot of hidden value in what career-minded managers don’t buy. Sometimes it’s better to stay away from crowds.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Exclusive! Survive and Thrive: Election 2020 Edition: Stock Market is Predicting a Trump Win - October 30, 2020
- Let’s Take a Vote: America Needs to be Open for Business - October 30, 2020
- Why You Should Listen to These Wise Men in Times Like These - October 30, 2020
- Stock Market is Predicting a Trump Win - October 29, 2020
- Why I Work for You, and Not the Other Way Around - October 29, 2020