Being a successful investor is hard. Why? Because if it were easy, everyone would be doing it. And clearly, they’re not. I don’t need to tell you. You already know this. You hear it from friends and family who ask, “Why are you so cool?” when markets are crazy. Don’t worry, I won’t tell them our secret.
You understand from here, here, and here that “doing something” rather than just standing there is easier said than done. When the world is crazy, that’s when it’s time to hunker down in your cave for the winter. Like a broken record, investors learn the hard way. They did in the tech bust, the real estate crash, more recently in crypto, and, based on that history, will again.
You know how I feel about prices and their fluctuations. They blow in the wind. But cold hard cash is tangible, like the interest payments from bonds. As the owner, you’re the bank. The issuer owes you money. Their ability to pay you is what matters. That’s where you want to make sure the foundation is secure and not built on quicksand.
Action Line: Stick with me. We’ll get through this.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Warren Miller: If You Don’t Do It This Year, You’ll Be… - January 30, 2023
- Your Investment Focus Is the Foundation for Success - January 30, 2023
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023