OK, midyear report cards are in, and if you’ve been with me, then you’re smiling. But I have to ask, how much of this feels real to you? Yes, it’s nice to see stocks are up, but aren’t you more interested in knowing you’re going to keep what you’ve made?
What you want to concern yourself with moving forward are real returns or, in other words, how much you’re really gaining if inflation eats your savings like a Gypsy moth. What good do higher prices for stocks do if they get cut down by over a third like we’ve already seen three times this century?
Your Survival Guy’s battle plan for you remains the same as it always will: invest in yourself first—invest in yourself to make money—and invest what you save with the mindset of keeping it. Period. You know my number one recommendation is to invest in yourself.
And how do you invest in yourself? Well, you’re telling me in my conversations with you that you’re listening to me and deciding to work a little longer, or you’re making double-sure you’re ready to retire. And that’s music to my ears.
Keep doing what you’re doing. I believe in you. Investing success is not hard to enjoy, it’s just hard to do. You can do it.
Action Line: In times like these, think about every step you take because I’ll be watching you.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Investing Mistakes to Avoid: #10 Picked Off First - June 9, 2023
- HOUSING CRISIS: California Could Face Mortgage Default Tsunami - June 9, 2023
- Why Is Biden Sacrificing Mining Dominance to the Chinese? - June 9, 2023
- RAGE Gauge June: Remember When You Were A Kid and Money Was Free? - June 8, 2023
- Your Retirement Life: Striped Bass Fishing off Block Island - June 8, 2023