When Your Survival Guy is telling you that the risk-free rate of return is 0.22%, it’s time to pay attention. Sure, the Fed has talked the rate up, but it started the year at 0.09%. Here’s the kicker, when this political virus swept over the world three years ago, the rate was at 2.45%. That was before Your Survival Guy had to evac from Telluride as the world shut down.
This is the risk-free rate. It’s the gravity that keeps investors’ feet on the ground. Understand that products out there are selling you down the river, and making promises on your money they might not be able to keep. They need to make their money somewhere. Plan accordingly.
Action Line: If you need help building a portfolio of investments with some gravity, I would love to talk with you.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Stop America’s Zombie Apocalypse before It Starts - December 1, 2023
- Survive and Thrive November 2023: A Word or Two about Your Survival Guy’s Money - December 1, 2023
- Small Government Just Works - December 1, 2023
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023