When I was a kid, we traveled across the country in a 21-foot Winnebago Brave (yes, we were). When I think about how we celebrated Christmas early to spend Christmas day at Fort Wilderness in Walt Disney World, it brings a smile to my face. Writing to you from New England, where snow has been slow to catch on, it’s nice thinking about those more tropical memories.
Which brings me to investing. Memories don’t always happen without a plan. You invest in your family, and you believe that it will pay off down the road. That’s certainly been the case for my parents, who put my sister and me through college and consider it one of their greatest accomplishments—one I realize the significance of today with two of our own in college.
Now I’ve written about my favorite investment before, but it’s worth repeating—it’s you. It’s in your career, and it’s in your family. The last year has shown you just how important it is to be careful with your savings. Look at the carnage all around you. It is always the same names too. You probably know a person who always gets tangled up in this stuff.
Action Line: You’ve had to hear a lot about crypto for the last few years. What a mess. Treat your investments like a precious child. No one can “afford” to lose. If you need help building an investment portfolio, let’s talk. Before our conversation, get to know me better by subscribing to my free Survive & Thrive letter by clicking here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023
- Explosion in Gun Ownership Creates Difficulties for Progressives - November 30, 2023
- It’s California vs. Florida in the Big State Debate - November 29, 2023
- Shiffrin Brings It Home with World Cup Win at Killington - November 29, 2023