My April RAGE Gauge is in, and it tells me folks are feeling OK. But it’s a tense OK. In a “what have you done for me lately world,” it’s a tough existence for the “steady as we go” crowd for whom I work with on a daily basis.
For those of you who, like me, have saved your money, there continues to be an enormous drag on us from the Fed’s reckless low interest rate experiment. And I’ve heard enough about the Index investors. You know those who own the “market,” collect a pittance in dividends, and are in stocks because they “go up.” That’s not investing, it’s speculation. Where’s the value in a stock like Amazon?
I continue to throw caution to the wind for you and your family. With this reading I urge you to ask yourself: How will you feel if the market drops by 40% and stays there for ten years?
If that sort of scenario makes you sweat, it’s time to make some changes before it’s too late. Believe me when I tell you it will be too late when your “gut” tells you to do it. And with a docile April gauge reading, it tells me not many people are thinking about their downside protection or survival.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Putin’s Biggest Advantage Is Biden’s Terrible Economic Policies - October 7, 2022
- Remember Tony Bobulinksi? You’ll Be Stunned by What He’s Saying Now - October 7, 2022
- The Problem with Interest Rate Predictors - October 6, 2022
- Louisiana Joins West Virginia, Texas in Targeting BlackRock’s ESG Activism - October 6, 2022
- Voters Want Their Streets Back - October 6, 2022