When three companies—Amazon, Microsoft, and Netflix—comprise almost half of the performance year-to-date for the S&P 500, what happens to the index when they fall out of favor? It has long been my belief that investors don’t measure the risk inherent in a market-cap weighted index such as the S&P 500. They are invested in passive mutual funds that mimic an approach that has become more top heavy by the day. Investors should not be surprised when huge drops accompany huge gains.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- It’s California vs. Florida in the Big State Debate - November 29, 2023
- Shiffrin Brings It Home with World Cup Win at Killington - November 29, 2023
- Prepare for Solar Storms in 2024 - November 29, 2023
- Can the Supreme Court Stop Wealth Taxes Before They Start? - November 28, 2023
- Families Can’t Save Enough - November 28, 2023