When three companies—Amazon, Microsoft, and Netflix—comprise almost half of the performance year-to-date for the S&P 500, what happens to the index when they fall out of favor? It has long been my belief that investors don’t measure the risk inherent in a market-cap weighted index such as the S&P 500. They are invested in passive mutual funds that mimic an approach that has become more top heavy by the day. Investors should not be surprised when huge drops accompany huge gains.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023
- 4 Life Changing Words for Your Survival Guy: “You Should Try This” - January 26, 2023
- Anti-Carbon Crusaders in Davos Talk ESG and OPM - January 25, 2023