You may have read that Vanguard is moving into a digital robo-only service.
Well, first off, when you sign-up for Vanguard advisor services you’re only going to be offered Vanguard funds.
You will not be investing in my preferred, dividend centric stock approach.
You are treated like all of the other sheep loaded into the mutual fund pen.
Second, I believe Vanguard is essentially throwing in the towel (they’d never admit it) about their index funds and the problem with how big they’ve become.
Offering a robo-only service will be a backdoor way for Vanguard to steer investor money into their actively managed offering.
If you’ve paid attention, like I most certainly have on your behalf, you can see Vanguard’s full-court press in marketing their active management products.
Ask yourself: If Vanguard is moving away from index funds in their advertising, and again they most certainly are, then why would you stick around?
Take if from me, when Jack Bogle sounds the alarm there’s a problem.
The approach I advise is to own your stocks outright, get away from mutual funds and ETFs all together and hunker down with the peace of mind you deserve—away from the herd.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Investing Habits of the Fairly Wealthy: #10 Powerball - September 29, 2023
- Your Survival Guy: “Life on Main Street Hasn’t Been This Hard in a While” - September 29, 2023
- Your Retirement Life: Striped Bass Fishing off Block Island - September 29, 2023
- “Then One Day the Grandfather was Gone” - September 28, 2023
- How Joe Biden Raised Oil Prices - September 28, 2023