The Sunday Boston Globe explains that the town of Chelsea, MA, will begin testing a program giving about $300 a month in supplemental income to families of need.
A local billionaire is providing a chunk of the money (through her foundation thanks to the family’s online furniture business).
Is it guilt money?
And what happens when she gets bored and moves to another crusade?
Because once the government starts giving money, it never stops.
The article points out it will be given with credit cards to avoid the stigma of government assistance. You and I know the end game is for the government to take over using taxpayer money. Here we have a billionaire putting herself at the head of the dinner table. She’ll get credit for helping people. You’ll get the bill.
Action Line: Move to a state where taxes are low, and the government isn’t looking to use your money to solve everyone else’s problems. In other words, look for a better America.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Remembering Ronald Read Who Died with an $8 Million Fortune - September 23, 2022
- DeSantis Describes the Great American Exodus - September 23, 2022
- Honey, Where’d all the Covid Money Go? - September 23, 2022
- How Long Will Your Pension Fund Last? - September 23, 2022
- Sink Your Teeth into These Bond Yields - September 22, 2022