Welcome to the dog days of summer, literally. Has there ever been a more rewarding time to have a dog? I can tell you how much we’re enjoying our walks with ours and just the happiness he brings to the family. They do become part of the family.
A client told me they had to put their Shih Tzu down three weeks ago after 15+ years, outlasting her kennel mate by two. They now have an Aussie Doodle (a cross between a poodle and an Australian Shepherd). He told me he’s been on early morning watch and that he’d already been up for an hour! (It was early). Told me they had him delivered by air, then van to the front door.
Another client can’t wait to get to their place in Hawaii (when it opens) for an extended stay, but needs to figure out logistics for their four-legged friend. He said, “it’s amazing how the little guy controls our life.”
Here’s a pick of another client’s rescue Labradoodle, ready to get on with the day in their new golf cart.
We bring our dog, Louis, on the boat all the time. Here’s a cool pick from Mattapoisett Harbor over the Fourth of July weekend. Yes, you can train a dog to stand.
Our Louis is an Australian Labradoodle. I get asked what makes him Australian and often reply, “His accent.” But, if they persist, the Australian mix has English and American cocker spaniel and Irish water spaniel.
Rounding out the week:
- Sunday there will be a pro-Trump boat parade beginning at 11am from the Newport Bridge.
- Local independent schools are seeing a spike in enrollment from, guess where? NYC/Boston.
- The evolution in cities will be much like Paris—an immaculate cityscape or NO GO ZONES.
- Want to buy a boat? Here’s how I did it. How to Buy a Boat Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V, and Part VI.
- Power outages hit Iowa when it got nailed by the latest natural disaster.
- Power outages hit California when it got hit by its manmade one.
- Coincidence that Bannon and NRA get hit by the Southern District of NY? Can you say hit job?
- Urban Exiles Are Fueling a Suburban Housing Boom Across the U.S.
- Movers in N.Y.C. Are So Busy They’re Turning People Away
- Joel Kotkin on How Race Politics Burns Out
- New York City is dead forever
P.S. The 10 states with the highest unemployment rates are Massachusetts (17.4%), New Jersey (16.6%), New York (15.7%), Nevada (15%), California (14.9%), Michigan (14.8%), Illinois (14.6%), Hawaii (13.9%), Pennsylvania (13%), and Delaware (12.5%). These states could not possibly withstand four years of Joe Biden to further worsen their already deadly environment. When will these states and their big cities default on their municipals and their state pensions? A Trump presidency will of course not bail them out. Then watch out!
P.P.S. A letter from a client:
Just a quick note to let you know we’ve bought the house we wanted.
Beautiful home in a lush forested area. I’ve attached a couple of pictures, including the humming-bear that just visited. We felt a strong bump as we sat at the dining room table working on our computers. We looked out and saw the bear sniffing our hummingbird feeder. Bit of a thrill right there!
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Stop America’s Zombie Apocalypse before It Starts - December 1, 2023
- Survive and Thrive November 2023: A Word or Two about Your Survival Guy’s Money - December 1, 2023
- Small Government Just Works - December 1, 2023
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023