After fascinating the world with amazing photographic and logistical feats, the dangers of cheap and easy to use drones are being realized.
But a new threat has emerged. Visitors to major sports venues could be the next targets of drone-based terror attacks. The Daily Telegraph reports:
Major sports venues in Britain are as ill-equipped for a drone attack as Gatwick Airport was over Christmas, a Daily Telegraph investigation has found.
Premier League clubs and other event organisers have yet to invest in technology designed to stop a terrorist atrocity or other serious incident, despite it being available before the intrusion that grounded flights for three days at the country’s second-busiest airport.
Those who could afford it have been warned they could soon face their own “Gatwick moment”, or worse, if they failed to join the airport and Heathrow by purchasing detection, tracking and other countermeasures.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Social Life During the Pandemic and MORE - March 5, 2021
- Sikorsky’s X2 Technology Leads the Way to Future Vertical Lift - March 5, 2021
- Secession: Impossible? Not if You Think Locally - March 4, 2021
- Do You Remember When You Purchased Your First Home? - March 4, 2021
- Richard Young Reports: The Great Money Explosion and Disasters - March 3, 2021