One thing I’ll never forget about our trip to NYC this year was the credit card bill a few weeks later. NYC ain’t cheap. Don’t get me wrong, it was an awesome trip, but I’m hardly surprised by this article on plummeting luxury apartment sales. “When the luxury market slowdown began in 2016, brokers blamed it on political uncertainty.” reports the WSJ. “More recently they said buyers were hesitating because of federal tax changes that may increase the cost of home ownership and reduce the deductibility of New York’s relatively high tax burdens.”
Yes I’m disappointed to see that Jimmy Buffett’s Escape to Margaritaville Broadway show was cancelled after only a couple of months, but don’t despair. This show will be touring the country so you can save your money on all the NYC taxes, and use the savings for a better seat or, better yet, to bring along some friends. It’s a great show!
Escape to Margaritaville tour comes to Providence, RI in October 2019. Stay tuned.
Feel the Island Breeze with These Performance Clips from ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Are $2,000 Checks Going to Rebuild NYC? - January 15, 2021
- The Fed is Sacrificing Retirees to Save the Banks - January 15, 2021
- How Are You Doing on a Local Level? - January 14, 2021
- February RAGE Gauge: Americans Focusing on What’s In Front of Them - January 14, 2021
- There’s Always a Way Forward for Americans Like YOU - January 13, 2021