If you enjoyed Ken Burns’ wonderful Country Music and are feeling like you want more, don’t despair because there’s another music documentary for us to look forward to.
“How do you sum up the life and career of Miles Davis in just under two hours?” asks JazzTimes. “That was the challenge that noted documentary filmmaker Stanley Nelson Jr. face with his latest project, Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool, (named after the 1957 LP collection of recordings from 1949 and 1950) which premiered at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival and later screened at the Maryland Film Festival in Baltimore in May.
You can catch Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool on PBS’ American Masters in 2020.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Memorial Day Remembrance - May 25, 2020
- Words of Wisdom from Matunuck Oyster Bar’s Perry Raso - May 22, 2020
- Drumline Battle | Army vs Air Force - May 22, 2020
- “The Losses are Taking a Toll on Their Health” - May 21, 2020
- Robo-Advisors: When You Have a Lot More to Lose than Money - May 20, 2020