The entire Portland Police Bureau Rapid Response Team has resigned from the voluntary detail in response to one of their members being criminally charged over his actions during a riot last August. FM101 KXL in Portland reports:
FM News 101 learned late Wednesday night that in response to the criminal indictment of Officer Corey Budworth, the bureau’s entire Rapid Response Team resigned. Sources with the Police Bureau say the team voted unanimously to disband.
The Rapid Response Team is a group of volunteer officers who respond to civil disobedience, demonstrations, and riots.
Tuesday, a member of the team was charged with assault for actions during an August 18, 2020 riot in Southeast Portland.
Wednesday, Portland Police Association Executive Director, Daryl Turner told the Lars Larson Show that he feared officers would quit in response to what he called a “Witch Hunt” of a prosecution. In its own investigation the Portland Police Bureau determined no wrongdoing by the officer. He did not violate training or department rules. He did his job within the scope of the law.
The charges come from a Social Justice Warrior DA who campaigned for office saying he would look for an opportunity to indict a cop. Schmit declined to prosecute 80% of the more than 1 thousand crimes charged against rioters over the last year+.
I’ll add to this when I get more
— Lars Larson (@LarsLarsonShow) June 17, 2021
Action Line: If you haven’t already, it’s time to escape the city.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- What Can We Learn from Hurricane Season? - September 28, 2022
- FOLLOW THE MONEY: Wealthy Americans Fleeing High Tax States Faster than Others - September 28, 2022
- RIGHT TO WORK: Ford Will Build New Truck in Kentucky - September 28, 2022
- Prices Are Like Adult Kids: You Don’t Have Much Control Over Them - September 27, 2022
- HALF A TRILLION DOLLARS: Student Loan Bailout Will Cost over Twice What Biden Promised - September 27, 2022