Originally posted on September 11, 2018.
Hurricane Season is well underway. After Hurricane Gordon brought drenching rain to the Gulf Coast, Hurricane Florence is preparing to smash into the Carolinas. I outlined some of the fundamental necessities for hurricane preparation in my post Hurricane Gordon: How to Survive the Storm. Below is additional guidance, this time from FEMA, for those seeking to avoid catastrophe.
Hurricanes are no joke. As you can see from my ongoing coverage of the devastation of Puerto Rico by Hurricane Maria, a powerful storm can change your life from comfortable to survival-focused in the span of a night. Read more on Hurricane Maria’s deadly effects in these posts:
- Survive: Hurricane Maria Deadliest Storm Since 1900
- Hurricane Maria Death Toll in Puerto Rico: Deadlier than 9-11
- Puerto Rico: Self Reliance is the Only Way
- Blackout: The Lights are Out in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico: A Survival Case Study
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Buying A Boat: Who’s Looking Out for You? - August 12, 2022
- Corporate Borrowers Giving Up on the ESG Market - August 12, 2022
- Even the ACLU Hates Gavin Newsom’s New Gun Control Law - August 12, 2022
- Your Survival Guy’s Favorite Number is 72: Here’s Why - August 11, 2022
- WHOLE FOODS CEO: “Socialists Are Taking Over” - August 11, 2022