Originally posted on September 11, 2018.
Hurricane Season is well underway. After Hurricane Gordon brought drenching rain to the Gulf Coast, Hurricane Florence is preparing to smash into the Carolinas. I outlined some of the fundamental necessities for hurricane preparation in my post Hurricane Gordon: How to Survive the Storm. Below is additional guidance, this time from FEMA, for those seeking to avoid catastrophe.
Hurricanes are no joke. As you can see from my ongoing coverage of the devastation of Puerto Rico by Hurricane Maria, a powerful storm can change your life from comfortable to survival-focused in the span of a night. Read more on Hurricane Maria’s deadly effects in these posts:
- Survive: Hurricane Maria Deadliest Storm Since 1900
- Hurricane Maria Death Toll in Puerto Rico: Deadlier than 9-11
- Puerto Rico: Self Reliance is the Only Way
- Blackout: The Lights are Out in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico: A Survival Case Study
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- How to Treat Your Money (Hint: Not Like this Guy) - October 26, 2020
- Your Survival Guy’s Saturday Lunch Surprise You Won’t Believe - October 26, 2020
- Jimmy Buffett’s: A Pirate Looks at 40 - October 26, 2020
- Final Debate Review: Your Daughter’s Struggle is NOT Amusing - October 23, 2020
- Why Vanguard is Too Big: Part X: A Lesson from My Father About Paying Too Much - October 23, 2020