Sheriff Richard K. Jones of Butler County, Ohio laid down the law this week, using his office’s Facebook page to tell anyone considering violent action against police there that they will be met with a response in kind. Sheriff Jones told readers “You shoot at the police expect us to shoot back.”
IF YOU THINK ABOUT COMING TO BUTLER COUNTY TO ABUSE POLICE
Butler County Sheriff Richard K. Jones states he has seen the lawlessness in the country over the last few months directed towards police. The Sheriff has seen water dumped on police in New York, bricks and frozen water bottles thrown at police as well as officers blinded by lasers in Portland, Oregon. In addition, Police have been shot at in Chicago and all across the country.
“I won’t tolerate it, period. You shoot at the police expect us to shoot back. I will not allow my deputies or any law enforcement officer in Butler County to take the abuse I have seen over the past several months. If you come to this county expecting a free pass to harm one of my men or women in uniform keep in mind, nothing in life is free,” states Sheriff Jones.
Dave Urbanski at The Blaze, reports that readers were mostly supportive of the sheriff. He writes:
By all appearances, those who read Jones’ warning on Facebook were solidly behind his sentiments:
- “Every county in the United States needs more sheriffs like this,” one commenter said.
- “I live in Butler County. [Sheriff] Jones is for real. He is a good man. DO NOT mess with him or his department,” another commenter warned.
- “It’s about time someone is not afraid to do their job and hold lawbreakers accountable for their actions,” another commenter said.
- “Thank you for caring about your citizens, officers, and our constitutional rights!!!!” another observer wrote. “Jones rocks!”
- “I like the way he thinks,” another commenter said. “Violence in any form against a police officer should not be tolerated, and persons committing harm to a police officer should expect dire consequences. Police officers should be allowed to defend themselves without rebuke.”
Jones is no fan of wearing masks either. Here he is responding to his governor’s mask plan earlier this year:
Action line: Police forces like the Butler County Sheriff’s Department are great, but don’t simply rely on them for your own safety. Get your gun and your training now, because when seconds count, police are minutes away.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Remembering Ronald Read Who Died with an $8 Million Fortune - September 23, 2022
- DeSantis Describes the Great American Exodus - September 23, 2022
- Honey, Where’d all the Covid Money Go? - September 23, 2022
- How Long Will Your Pension Fund Last? - September 23, 2022
- Sink Your Teeth into These Bond Yields - September 22, 2022