When you read the following quotes from Victor Davis Hanson’s The Second World Wars it becomes crystal clear why bad actors like Iran’s Soleimani needed to be killed.
Quotes from Victor Davis Hanson’s: The Second World Wars:
Some sixty million people died in World War II.
[Hitler’s] Axis losers killed or starved to death about 80 percent of all those who died during the war. The Allied victors largely killed Axis soldiers; the defeated Axis, mostly civilians (my emphasis).
By any fair measure, Germany in 1939—in terms of the number and quality of planes, armor, manpower reserves, and industrial output—was not stronger than the combined French and British militaries—or at least not so strong as to be able to defeat and occupy both powers.
What’s also clear from the Democrat presidential candidates’ response to the Soleimani killing is that they will never understand the lessons of history.
- Elizabeth Warren: “Soleimani was a murderer, responsible for the deaths of thousands, including hundreds of Americans. But this reckless move escalates the situation with Iran and increases the likelihood of more deaths and new Middle East conflict.”
- Bernie Sanders: “This is a dangerous escalation that brings us closer to another disastrous war in the Middle East which would cost countless lives and trillions more dollars and lead to even more death, more conflict, more displacement in that already highly volatile region of the world.”
- Pete Buttigieg: “none of us should shed a tear for (Soleimani’s) death. But just because he deserved it doesn’t mean it was the right strategic move.”
- Joe Biden: “No American will mourn Qassem Soleimani’s passing. He deserved to be brought to justice for his crimes against American troops and thousands of innocents throughout the region. He supported terror and sowed chaos. None of that negates the fact that this is a hugely escalatory move in an already dangerous region.”
- Cory Booker: “First, let’s be clear. Soleimani has American blood on his hands. He was involved in and ordered attacks that cost American lives and wounded many other soldiers. This is somebody who is a bad person, but we also have to look at the larger strategic situation in that area. We have a president has had a failure in his Iranian policy, who has had no larger strategic plan, and has made that region less stable and less safe.”
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- What Kind of Life Are You Investing For? - January 31, 2023
- Why Don’t These Mayors Seem to Care? - January 31, 2023
- Warren Miller: If You Don’t Do It This Year, You’ll Be… - January 30, 2023
- Your Investment Focus Is the Foundation for Success - January 30, 2023
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023