Here’s some perspective as to how great legendary Bruins hockey player Bobby Orr was during his prime.
“With the NHL more than one-third of the way through its season, young Oilers stars Connor McDavid (this is his age-23 season) and Leon Draisaitl (age-24 season) rank first and second in the league in points,” explains Kevin Paul DuPont in his Sunday Hockey Notes in Sunday’s Boston Globe, “and have built some separation on the field.”
If they finish first and second in the league in points, they will become only the 12th pair of teammates to do so in the NHL’s expansion era (since 1967-68) notes DuPont.
Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito did it an incredible five times, and what’s amazing is that Orr was a defenseman (the only one to ever become part of a point-leading teammate duo). He also made it look fun.
- Bobby Orr, Bruins (age 21): 120 points (33 goals, 87 assists)
- Phil Esposito, Bruins (age 27): 99 points (43 goals, 56 assist)
- Phil Esposito, Bruins (age 28): 152 points (76 goals, 76 assists)
- Bobby Orr, Bruins (age 22): 139 points (37 goals, 102 assists)
- Phil Esposito, Bruins (age 29): 133 points (66 goals, 67 assists)
- Bobby Orr, Bruins (age 23): 117 points (37 goals, 80 assists)
- Phil Esposito, Bruins (age 31): 145 points (68 goals, 77 assists)
- Bobby Orr, Bruins (age 25): 122 points (32 goals, 90 assists)
- Bobby Orr, Bruins (age 26): 135 points (46 goals, 89 assists)
- Phil Esposito, Bruins (age 32): 127 points (61 goals, 66 assists)
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Want to Buy A Condo in China? Are You Kidding? - September 21, 2021
- You Won’t Believe How Tame the Dot Com Bubble Looks - September 20, 2021
- What It Takes to Be like Tom Brady - September 20, 2021
- Time to Get Your Lazy Cash Off the Couch - September 17, 2021
- Breaking News: October RAGE Gauge and Market Corrections - September 17, 2021