I was talking to a client yesterday who is a lifetime NFL season ticket holder. He told me he’s not even excited about the playoffs, and hasn’t been watching much football this season. He said he’s fed up with the lack of respect for the national anthem. Yes, this is anecdotal evidence but it matches the decline in viewership. Take a look at these stats reported Jimmy Traina at Sports Illustrated:
Despite being big games, the NFL had a terrible weekend when it came to ratings. Numbers have been down all season, and the wild-card games were no exception. Even the Panthers vs. Falcons game, which was one of the best this weekend, suffered. It actually had the biggest decrease year over year. Sports Illustrated put together a breakdown:
Titans-Chiefs (14.7) was down 11 percent versus last year’s Raiders-Texans game.
Falcons-Rams (14.9) was down 10 percent versus last year’s Lions-Seahawks game.
Bills-Jaguars (17.2) was down 10 percent versus last year’s Dolphins-Steelers game.
Panthers-Saints (20.4) was down 21 percent versus last year’s Giants-Packers game.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- “Wow, That Was an Obvious Buying Opportunity” - October 4, 2023
- “Doctor, What Are You Doing?” “Nothing,” He Said - October 3, 2023
- Bidenflation Making It Harder to Retire - October 3, 2023
- Will Illinois Gun Owners Register Their Firearms? - October 3, 2023
- “Oh, This Is Prime Real Estate,” They Say - October 2, 2023