Originally posted June 12, 2013.
Gun-free zones don’t make you safe – they make those wishing to steal your birthday safe. As Allysia Finley of The Wall Street Journal notes:
But it’s also worth pointing out that the state of California and city of Los Angeles have among the strictest gun-control laws in the country. According to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, California’s gun-control laws were the toughest in the country in 2011. Los Angeles’s gun-buyback program has removed more than 11,000 guns from the street during Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa’s eight-year tenure. The mayor boasted that the city collected 516 handguns, 381 rifles, 226 shotguns and 49 assault weapons just last month.
Load of good all this did on Friday. According to the Los Angeles Times, the FBI is investigating how the 23-year-old suspect, John Zawahri, came by his firearms. Yet most of the local news coverage has converged on Mr. Zawahri’s troubled home and mental health problems, which neighbors apparently noticed but ignored. Liberals insist that more gun laws can stop these shooting sprees. It would be nice to see some evidence to back up that claim.
Read more notes.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Early Advice from Her Dad on Tipping at Charlie Trotter’s - February 2, 2023
- Treasury Bonds Ready to Rock and Roll - February 2, 2023
- Survive and Thrive February 2023: 4 Life Changing Words: “You Should Try This” - February 1, 2023
- Tom Brady Retires, Again. Should You? - February 1, 2023
- Reagan’s America Remembered by Your Survival Guy and More - February 1, 2023