HM Naval Base Portsmouth is being readied for the arrival of the biggest warships ever constructed in the UK, the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers.
The 65,000 tonne ships, which are over three times the size of the Invincible Class aircraft carriers, are expected to arrive in their home port of Portsmouth in 2017. Before then, the North Corner of the Naval Base – an area of 70,000 square metres – is undergoing major infrastructure work to become a Queen Elizabeth Centre of Specialisation, ready to provide everything the Royal Navy ships and their staff need whilst they are in their base port and on operation.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023
- 4 Life Changing Words for Your Survival Guy: “You Should Try This” - January 26, 2023
- Anti-Carbon Crusaders in Davos Talk ESG and OPM - January 25, 2023