HM Naval Base Portsmouth is being readied for the arrival of the biggest warships ever constructed in the UK, the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers.
The 65,000 tonne ships, which are over three times the size of the Invincible Class aircraft carriers, are expected to arrive in their home port of Portsmouth in 2017. Before then, the North Corner of the Naval Base – an area of 70,000 square metres – is undergoing major infrastructure work to become a Queen Elizabeth Centre of Specialisation, ready to provide everything the Royal Navy ships and their staff need whilst they are in their base port and on operation.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Get Off the Investment Roller Coaster: Have a Plan - September 29, 2022
- These 10 States Are Fighting for Your Liberty Retirement - September 29, 2022
- IN FOR THE LONG HAUL: Building Wealth with Compounding - September 29, 2022
- What Can We Learn from Hurricane Season? - September 28, 2022
- FOLLOW THE MONEY: Wealthy Americans Fleeing High Tax States Faster than Others - September 28, 2022