I’m always on the lookout for information to pass along to you about where in America you can go to maximize your opportunity and standard of living. I write to the small business owners and savers of America who are trying to find a place where their money will be treated best by their government.
States are always competing to attract the best businesses, but one state consistently rises to the top. Texas has been ranked by CNBC as the Top State for Business in America this year.
Scott Cohn remarks that this is normal for the Lone Star State.
This is familiar territory for the Lone Star State, which becomes the first four-time winner in our annual study, now in its 12th year. But it has been a long time coming. This is the first time since 2012 that Texas has claimed top honors. Not coincidentally, West Texas Intermediate Crude Oil—the state’s most important export—peaked at just over $108 per barrel that year, a figure it has not seen since. But it has risen enough—around 60 percent in the last year, powering through the $70 per barrel mark in June—to turbocharge the $1.6 trillion Texas economy.
“The Texas economy remains in a broad-based expansion,” said Dallas Federal Reserve economists Christopher Slijk and Jason Saving in a recent report. “The state’s energy sector continues to boom, and areas of the state tied to oil and gas are growing at their strongest pace since 2014.”
Texas has added more than 350,000 jobs in the past year, with the largest increase in the energy sector. Put another way, 1 in 7 jobs created in the United States in the past year was created in Texas.
If you are looking for more information on where you and your business can survive and thrive, check out these posts I’ve written in the past.
- The Best States for Retiree Taxation
- Work, Live and Save Money in these Three Power States
- Do You Live in One of These Super States?
- Cato Institute: Top 5 States: Freedom in the 50 States
- 10 Worst States to Retire in for Taxes
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Remembering Ronald Read Who Died with an $8 Million Fortune - September 23, 2022
- DeSantis Describes the Great American Exodus - September 23, 2022
- Honey, Where’d all the Covid Money Go? - September 23, 2022
- How Long Will Your Pension Fund Last? - September 23, 2022
- Sink Your Teeth into These Bond Yields - September 22, 2022