If you have a few minutes I believe your time will be well spent reviewing this piece I posted back on February 16, 2018.
During your working career you can make adjustments on the fly. Paychecks are still coming in, and you can cut some spending to shore up holes in your savings plan.
But once you retire, there’s no more income to offset any unexpected spending you may have done. That’s why you must be acutely aware of how you position yourself and your money in retirement.
After you have invested your money to best avoid risk, the biggest threat to your income is taxation. Retirees must do everything possible to avoid the painful bite of income taxes. To help them, GoBankingRates.com has developed a list of the best and worst states for retiree taxation.
The winners are:
4. New Hampshire
8. South Dakota
The worst states for retiree taxation are:
44. Rhode Island
43. New Mexico
42. West Virginia
If you want to make the most of your retirement, you may have to consider moving to a state that treats you and your money better.
Read more here from GoBankingRates.com.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Survival Guy’s Disney Trip Part II/Heart Strings/College…YOU - June 18, 2021
- Your Survival Guy’s DISNEY: Rise of the Resistance: Part I - June 18, 2021
- Texas Fights Federal Gun Control and Commerce Clause Abuse - June 18, 2021
- Portland Police Take a Stand Against Politicized Prosecution - June 18, 2021
- VIDEO: Legendary Gadd-Weckl-Colaiuta DRUM SHOWDOWN - June 18, 2021