Yesterday you read that the coronavirus was causing panic in markets, sending stock prices plummeting. Below you can see that, while DJIA stock prices fell 3.54% in yesterday’s turmoil, bond prices (as measured by the Ryan/NASDAQ Laddered Treasury Index) rose 1.05%, a difference of 4.59% over stocks.
Bonds will always matter to you, especially when the going gets tough.
If you are just beginning to invest in bonds, consider a laddering strategy. And if you haven’t considered owning bonds in your portfolio, get started today.
Read my entire series, Coronavirus Infects Stock Market here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Survival Guy Emergency: Engines Won’t Start, We’re Drifting into the Rocks - July 10, 2020
- Grateful Dead: Eyes of the World - July 10, 2020
- You’re Telling Me about 8% and Pickleball - July 9, 2020
- Here’s What You’re Telling Me after Your Fourth of July Holiday - July 9, 2020
- Sportswriter Jason Whitlock on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” - July 8, 2020