Yesterday you read that the coronavirus was causing panic in markets, sending stock prices plummeting. Below you can see that, while DJIA stock prices fell 3.54% in yesterday’s turmoil, bond prices (as measured by the Ryan/NASDAQ Laddered Treasury Index) rose 1.05%, a difference of 4.59% over stocks.
Bonds will always matter to you, especially when the going gets tough.
If you are just beginning to invest in bonds, consider a laddering strategy. And if you haven’t considered owning bonds in your portfolio, get started today.
Read my entire series, Coronavirus Infects Stock Market here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Best State on Guns, Plus the 8th Wonder of the World - December 3, 2021
- VACCINATE THE WORLD? Biden’s COVID Plan - December 3, 2021
- Correction: New Hampshire’s 4,000 Footers - December 3, 2021
- Dreaming of Bitcoin in Your Stocking this Christmas Season? - December 2, 2021
- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: Record Number of Police Shot This Year - December 2, 2021