Yesterday you read that the coronavirus was causing panic in markets, sending stock prices plummeting. Below you can see that, while DJIA stock prices fell 3.54% in yesterday’s turmoil, bond prices (as measured by the Ryan/NASDAQ Laddered Treasury Index) rose 1.05%, a difference of 4.59% over stocks.
Bonds will always matter to you, especially when the going gets tough.
If you are just beginning to invest in bonds, consider a laddering strategy. And if you haven’t considered owning bonds in your portfolio, get started today.
Read my entire series, Coronavirus Infects Stock Market here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Are $2,000 Checks Going to Rebuild NYC? - January 15, 2021
- The Fed is Sacrificing Retirees to Save the Banks - January 15, 2021
- How Are You Doing on a Local Level? - January 14, 2021
- February RAGE Gauge: Americans Focusing on What’s In Front of Them - January 14, 2021
- There’s Always a Way Forward for Americans Like YOU - January 13, 2021