Yesterday you read that the coronavirus was causing panic in markets, sending stock prices plummeting. Below you can see that, while DJIA stock prices fell 3.54% in yesterday’s turmoil, bond prices (as measured by the Ryan/NASDAQ Laddered Treasury Index) rose 1.05%, a difference of 4.59% over stocks.
Bonds will always matter to you, especially when the going gets tough.
If you are just beginning to invest in bonds, consider a laddering strategy. And if you haven’t considered owning bonds in your portfolio, get started today.
Read my entire series, Coronavirus Infects Stock Market here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Coronavirus is a Wake Up Call for the Irresponsible, Here’s How to Regain Control - April 9, 2020
- COVID-19: A Lesson of Resilience for Companies - April 9, 2020
- What My RAGE Gauge™ is Telling You - April 8, 2020
- What I’ve Been Listening To: B and G (Midwestern Night’s Dream) - April 8, 2020
- Media’s Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - April 7, 2020