Yesterday you read that the coronavirus was causing panic in markets, sending stock prices plummeting. Below you can see that, while DJIA stock prices fell 3.54% in yesterday’s turmoil, bond prices (as measured by the Ryan/NASDAQ Laddered Treasury Index) rose 1.05%, a difference of 4.59% over stocks.
Bonds will always matter to you, especially when the going gets tough.
If you are just beginning to invest in bonds, consider a laddering strategy. And if you haven’t considered owning bonds in your portfolio, get started today.
Read my entire series, Coronavirus Infects Stock Market here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Survival Guy’s Guide to Your Lazy Cash - December 9, 2022
- FEAR IN THE DARK: Terrorists Strike More U.S. Power Stations - December 9, 2022
- SEC Signals Greater Regulation of Crypto “Casinos” - December 9, 2022
- Your Survival Guy’s Christmas at Fort Wilderness - December 8, 2022
- Vanguard Does a U-Turn on Investor Activism - December 8, 2022