Yesterday you read that the coronavirus was causing panic in markets, sending stock prices plummeting. Below you can see that, while DJIA stock prices fell 3.54% in yesterday’s turmoil, bond prices (as measured by the Ryan/NASDAQ Laddered Treasury Index) rose 1.05%, a difference of 4.59% over stocks.
Bonds will always matter to you, especially when the going gets tough.
If you are just beginning to invest in bonds, consider a laddering strategy. And if you haven’t considered owning bonds in your portfolio, get started today.
Read my entire series, Coronavirus Infects Stock Market here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- “Ah, Tony (Bobulinski), You’re Just Going to Bury All of Us Man” - October 28, 2020
- Can We Still Afford the Riverboat Cruise? - October 28, 2020
- Market Down 900 Points and Here’s what YOU Told Me - October 27, 2020
- Trump’s Momentum and the Liars Protecting Hunter Biden - October 27, 2020
- How to Treat Your Money (Hint: Not Like this Guy) - October 26, 2020