You know that throughout his campaign and so far during his presidency, CNN has coddled the Biden administration like a newborn. Never seeking to offend, only to deflect, defend, and defuse any criticism directed at Biden or his inferiors.
So it’s with some surprise that you may have seen CNN’s Harry Enten write an article highlighting new polling showing that Biden is failing Americans on the economy even worse than Jimmy Carter. Enten writes:
President Joe Biden is struggling in the minds of the American public. While his approval rating is down on a slew of issues, his difficulties are perhaps most noticeable on the economy.
Biden now sports the lowest net economic rating of any president at this point through their first term since at least Jimmy Carter in 1977.
In the latest CNN/SSRS poll, Biden comes in with a 44% approval rating to 55% disapproval rating among registered voters on his economic performance. This makes for a -9 point net approval rating. The average of all polls taken in December is quite similar with Biden at -13 points on the economy.
To put that in perspective, the average president at this point in the last 44 years (since we have been polling on the topic) had a net economic approval rating of +5 points. That means Biden’s is 18 points worse than the average.
He continues later on:
Carter’s economic net approval rating of -8 points in an early January 1978 CBS News/New York Times poll was the lowest around this point in a presidency before Biden’s -13 points. The economy, and particularly inflation, was listed as the nation’s top problem in a late October 1977 Gallup poll.
Importantly, far more Americans (52%) in a November 1977 Time Magazine poll thought that Carter was not making a good start to fighting inflation than thought he was (21%). In other words, Americans felt his efforts were not enough to control inflation.
Americans are certainly not happy about the “Bidenflation” they are experiencing. Shortages and higher prices are not easy for families to bear.
Action Line: You need a plan to defeat inflation in your retirement portfolio. If you need help building a plan for the future, I would love to talk with you.
Read more about Biden’s inflationary economy here:
- INCESSANT INFLATION: Government Destroying the Dollar and Prices
- GET PAID: How To Invest in Biden’s Inflationary Market
- 30-YEAR HIGH: Inflation Hammers American Family Budgets
- BANK ACCOUNT BONFIRE: Biden’s Inflation Burns Americans’ Savings
- Quarters in My Loafers Trying to Beat Inflation
- BREAKING: You Know There’s Inflation When…
- AMERICA DOESN’T RUN ON TOFU: Unhinged Biden Advisor Deflects Inflation Failure
- BIDENOMICS: Inflation, COVID Failure, Drive Plunge in Consumer Confidence
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- What Your Survival Guy Invested in Today - February 6, 2023
- You Invest, They Win: FTX Edition - February 6, 2023
- Your Retirement Life: Adventure Awaits - February 3, 2023
- Early Advice from Her Dad on Tipping at Charlie Trotter’s - February 2, 2023
- Treasury Bonds Ready to Rock and Roll - February 2, 2023