Your Survival Guy wants you to be a compounding machine. Think about the rule of 72—the time that compounding takes to double whatever it is your looking to grow. This isn’t about money. It’s about you. Your personal growth. Easy to understand. Hard to do.
On the flip side, reverse compounding is also easy to understand but unfortunately, it is also easy to do. It’s a killer. Your Survival Guy was golfing last week in New Hampshire, for example, and was reminded of how hard it is to recover from a hole when losing a ball. It’s brutal. Losses are brutal.
Last week I wrote to you about fear and whether or not it’s something we’re born with (nature) or something we learn (nurture). It’s probably a combination of both. (Remember, I’m Your Survival Guy, not a scientist.) But I believe it’s mostly learned. Because at some point, fear is either too taxing emotionally and we figure out ways to reduce it, or our body succumbs to it. Panic is a terrible emotion.
Action Line: Being a compounding machine is all about the slow and steady approach. We all know how the tortoise does in the race. Slow and steady as we go. If you need help getting to where you want to go, then let’s stick together. But only if you’re serious.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- The Problem with Interest Rate Predictors - October 6, 2022
- Louisiana Joins West Virginia, Texas in Targeting BlackRock’s ESG Activism - October 6, 2022
- Voters Want Their Streets Back - October 6, 2022
- Thrills in Bills: New Excitement for Treasury Investors - October 5, 2022
- WATCH: Jean-Pierre STUMPED By Question on Gas Prices - October 5, 2022