In recent conversations, you’ve told me about your trips to Rome and beyond. In one conversation, we discussed the favorite piece of pizza you enjoyed after an insider in your group walked you all through the streets of the city on a mission. When you got there, the line was out the door, and the host asked you how many in your party—”15,” someone said. He turned around and went back inside. “No go?” You all wondered. Not exactly. Minutes later, he returned carrying a big, folded table, opened it up in the alley, and before you knew it, you were having the best slice in Rome, eating outside under the stars, and all was good with the world.
We can all learn from each other. Here’s some of the places we hit on our most memorable trip to the ancient city.
We stayed at Hotel de Russie. The restaurant Le Jardin is excellent for lunch and/or dinner. I recommend the lower-level garden for tea/drinks as well.
Rocco is a classic Italian neighborhood type restaurant. It’s family run. The waiter helped us order several dishes etc.
We had lunch at Sparita. The Tagliolini cacio e pepe is classic. There was a table of US military guys behind us. Great spot for lunch.
This is a three Michelin star restaurant. The only one in Rome. It’s a pricey, special event type experience. The sommelier has been there over 30 years, and Chef visited with us after dessert.
This is like eating in the Colosseum. It’s where gladiators were trained. One Michelin star. Pretty amazing setting.
An easy walk from Hotel de Russie, making it worth it right there.
P.S. Read more about my recent research trip to Rome and Paris here:
- A Three-Week International Research Trip to Paris via Rome
- Survive and Thrive June 2023: Your Survival Guy in Rome 30-Years A.B. (After Babson)
- Birth Rates in France Worst Since Post-WWII Era
- Your Survival Guy Felt Like a U.N. Worker in Rome
- Social Security: Declining Italy Needs a Bambino Boom
- Your Survival Guy in Rome 30-Years A.B. (After Babson)
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Will the Fed Hold Up Its End of the Bargain? - September 21, 2023
- Are Most NFTs Now Worthless? - September 21, 2023
- 2ND AMENDMENT ALERT: Biden to Create New Anti-Gun Office - September 21, 2023
- Don’t Ask Me When to Haul Your Boat - September 20, 2023
- You May Be Surprised by America’s “Least Woke City” - September 20, 2023