When searching for a financial advisor this is one box that absolutely needs to be checked. Glenn Ruffenach explains at The Wall Street Journal:
Fiduciaries matter. Along the same line…what kind of adviser were you using, and what kind of advice were you getting, in the years prior to the two recessions noted above? Was your adviser, and your nest egg, prepared for the possibility of a downturn? The point: If you work with a financial adviser, work only with a fiduciary, a person who must place your interests ahead of their own and disclose any conflicts of interest. That’s one of the best ways to reduce risk going forward.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Survive and Thrive October 2022: Sink Your Teeth into These Bond Yields - October 1, 2022
- What You Start to See Is a Death Spiral - September 30, 2022
- Why Your State Doesn’t Need an Income Tax - September 30, 2022
- Biden, Harris, Obama and Democracy? - September 30, 2022
- Get Off the Investment Roller Coaster: Have a Plan - September 29, 2022