The wait is over for those in need of a new iPhone as iPhone 8 or iPhone X is released today at 10 a.m. PT. CNET has examined a leaked version of the new iOS. Here’s what to expect:
In a near replay of July’s HomePod firmware leak, which sharpened our knowledge of new features like the virtual home button, a gesture-based UI and facial recognition technology, an apparent leak of the “golden master” of iOS 11 hit the internet.
Planned or not, the advance look at iOS 11 delivered a slew of juicy new morsels, not the least of which are indications that Apple has named the new flagship the iPhone X — possibly referring to the 10th anniversary of the historic device — while the other two will be called the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Apparently, this year there’s just too much new stuff for a conventional “S” update.
But that’s not all: we’ve got fresh insight into the new user interface, the role of the side button and something called “animojis.”
We’ll have to wait until Sept. 12, at 10 a.m. PT, for all of the official details; Apple did not respond to our inquiries. But in the interim, we’ve got a pretty clear view of what we think we’ll see with the new phones, in addition to the Apple Watch 3 and 4K Apple TV box we expect to see. And though the big day is nearly here, there’s plenty of time for more news to break. So stay tuned here to track all the new rumors in real time.
Read more here.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus & iPhone Edition! FINAL Leaks!
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Personal Safety: Concealed-Carry How to Carry Your Freedom - January 22, 2021
- Your Retirement Life: Meet Your BMW Club Racing Program Director - January 22, 2021
- PANDEMIC Pushes Military-Grade Surveillance on Americans Like YOU - January 21, 2021
- Do You Know Who’s the Largest Owner of Farmland in America? - January 21, 2021
- A President Speaks: “Hard Work Never Killed Anybody” - January 20, 2021