New York’s dictatorial governor, Andrew Cuomo, is trying to shut down Thanksgiving and has threatened legal trouble for anyone who defies him. The NY Post reports:
Three more upstate New York sheriffs have announced their refusal to enforce the state’s private gathering limit on Thanksgiving.
In a scathing Facebook post on Saturday, Fulton County Sheriff Richard Giardino questioned the legality of Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s newly instituted 10-person cap on parties and other gatherings in private residences.
“Frankly, I am not sure it could sustain a Constitutional challenge in Court for several reasons including your house is your castle,” the sheriff wrote in the Saturday post.
“And as a Sheriff with a law degree I couldn’t in good faith attempt to defend it Court, so I won’t,” he said.
Giardino noted his office, with limited resources, has scant legal options to enter private homes other than search warrants, invitations or under an “emergency circumstance.”
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- THE UNWOKENING: Corporate Executives Signal Big Step Back on ESG - October 7, 2022
- Putin’s Biggest Advantage Is Biden’s Terrible Economic Policies - October 7, 2022
- Remember Tony Bobulinksi? You’ll Be Stunned by What He’s Saying Now - October 7, 2022
- The Problem with Interest Rate Predictors - October 6, 2022
- Louisiana Joins West Virginia, Texas in Targeting BlackRock’s ESG Activism - October 6, 2022