There have already been many postmortems of the 2022 midterm elections, but this one from New Hampshire’s successful governor Chris Sununu, who was just reelected to his fourth term as the chief executive of the Live Free or Die state, has an idea about why GOP efforts fell short of initial expectations. He recently told an interviewer:
As for why his party was far less successful than anyone had anticipated, Sununu was candid. “People just didn’t have any faith that the Republicans running for the federal seats were going to be the ones to fix the policies like inflation concerns that were important to them because of some extremism and some partisanship,” he said. “To the Democrats’ credit, they did a good job pre-defining our candidates very early on . . . as crazy or extreme. . . .”
Sununu, who was courted heavily by Mitch McConnell to run for the U.S. Senate this cycle instead of governor, said that office is one he will never run for.
Action Line: New Hampshire is Your Survival Guy’s #1 Super State for 2022. The state’s freedom and low taxation make it one of the best in America. Click here to subscribe to my free monthly Survive & Thrive letter, and be one of the first to receive my 2023 ranking of Super States.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Warren Miller: If You Don’t Do It This Year, You’ll Be… - January 30, 2023
- Your Investment Focus Is the Foundation for Success - January 30, 2023
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023