Last night was a special night at TD Garden Boston, as former Boston Bruin Rick “Nifty” Middleton had his number 16 raised to the rafters, only the 11th in the history of the franchise.
I remember going to the old Boston Garden in the 80s with my dad. The first time walking up the concourse and then into the Garden is a memory I’ll never forget. It was just one of those moments you remember as a kid, and how incredible it was to be in the building.
Even when we were seated in the nose bleed seats high up in the rafters you felt like you were part of the game. Middleton was simply amazing, always able to somehow make that extra move, putting a defender on his heals, or goalie on his back and the puck in net. It was awesome every single time he scored.
And as we high-fived and clapped and thought “how did he do that?” Middleton was surrounded by his teammates with an “all in a day’s work” look as he casually skated to the bench.
Congratulations Ricky Middleton, my family and I look forward to seeing your number 16 hanging proudly in the rafters.
Rick Middleton Highlight Reel
What a special night and what a wonderful job the Bruins organization did in recognizing one of its greatest.
Rick Middleton Jersey Retirement 11/29/18
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Are $2,000 Checks Going to Rebuild NYC? - January 15, 2021
- The Fed is Sacrificing Retirees to Save the Banks - January 15, 2021
- How Are You Doing on a Local Level? - January 14, 2021
- February RAGE Gauge: Americans Focusing on What’s In Front of Them - January 14, 2021
- There’s Always a Way Forward for Americans Like YOU - January 13, 2021