Newly elected Democrat Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is threatening her fellow Democrats with primary challenges if they take votes that don’t fit with her radical progressive agenda. Jack Crowe explains at National Review:
Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) threatened her moderate colleagues during a Thursday Democratic caucus meeting, telling the lawmakers she plans to provide progressive activists searching for primary targets with a list of Democrats who work across the aisle.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi began the meeting by chastising the two dozen moderates who voted on Tuesday in favor of a Republican amendment to a gun control bill that requires gun retailers to report illegal immigrants who attempt to buy a gun.
“We are either a team or we’re not, and we have to make that decision,” Pelosi said, two people who were present told the Washington Post.
Ocasio-Cortez, who routinely wields her massive social media following to pressure her establishment colleagues into supporting her agenda, sought to add force to Pelosi’s call for unity by threatening to expose to the ire of progressive activists any Democrats willing to compromise with Republicans.
Corbin Trent, a spokesman for Ocasio-Cortez, told the Post that any Democrats who cooperate with Republicans “are putting themselves on a list.”
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Retirement Life: Bankrupt in Two Weeks - June 3, 2020
- Police: When it’s Not Worth the Risk to Serve and to Protect - June 3, 2020
- America’s Bravest Protect Our Cities, Blue State Politicians Let ‘em Burn - June 2, 2020
- Survive and Thrive June: Your Survival Guy’s Home (and Money) Protection Plan - June 1, 2020
- You Need to Seek Some Shelter for When Things Get Ugly - June 1, 2020