The small gathering of Biden supporters was swamped with a large contingent of Trump supporters who came out to protest the former vice president.
In typical Biden fashion, he gaffed his way through the appearance, claiming that “120 million” people have died from COVID-19, a number 1,000 times larger than reality.
Fox News reporter David Aaro writes of the appearance:
Biden also mistakenly claimed during the campaign stop that 120 million people had died from the novel coronavirus — overstating the number by about 1,000 times.
“People don’t have a job, people don’t know where to go, they don’t know what to do,” Biden said Thursday. “Now we have over 120 million dead from COVID.”
The U.S. has seen at least 124,000 deaths — not millions — from COVID-19, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. Worldwide, more than 488,824 fatalities from the virus have been reported.
Biden’s comments were immediately questioned by Republicans and the Trump 2020 Campaign team, which deemed the Democrat to be “very confused.”
“WHAT IS GOING ON WITH JOE BIDEN?” Steve Guest, the Republican National Committee’s rapid response director, tweeted out with a link to the clip.
Let’s roll the tape:
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Key to Retirement Wealth - December 4, 2023
- HARDSHIP WITHDRAWAL: Do You Have Emergency Funds? - December 4, 2023
- EVERGRANDE: The World’s Most Indebted Property Developer - December 4, 2023
- Risk and Reward: An Efficient Frontier - December 4, 2023
- Stop America’s Zombie Apocalypse before It Starts - December 1, 2023