This is not a promotion. Becky and I have a Zero Water 10 Cup Pitcher. Even with a whole house filter, there tends to be an uncomfortably high reading of total dissolved solids (TDS)—minerals, salts, metals, cations or anions dissolved in our water. For example, last night I poured a glass of tap water, put in the provided reader and it showed 170 TDS. Then, I poured a glass from Zero Water and, no surprise, it read zero. If you’re concerned about the water your family is drinking, this is a way to make sure your water is clean. I hesitate from saying “an easy” way to do it because what’s easier than turning on the faucet? But this extra step I believe is worth your effort.
Zero Water systems employ a five stage filter. The filter is setup like this:
- Stage 1: Coarse Filter Screen, Filters out fine particles and sediment
- Stage 2: Foam Distributor, Disperses the water more evenly across the entire width of filter to more efficiently use the filter medium which increases longevity and ability to remove more contaminants
- Stage 3: Multi-layer activated carbon & oxidation reduction alloy, Carbon: filters out a lot of different contaminants and is standard in most conventional filters; particularly good on organics and for improved taste. Oxidation alloy: reduces, removes chlorine and other heavy metals plus, it keeps mold from forming when the filter is moist
- Stage 4: Dual Comprehensive ION EXCHANGE resin, Negative and positive dual bed ion exchange resin that strips foreign ions from the water molecules and returns them to a pure state
- Stage 5: Ultra-fine screen & non-woven membrane layers, To remove ultra-fine particles
Read more about Zero Water’s systems here.
You can check registered TDS levels in your area by clicking here.
ZeroWater Vs. Tap Water – TDS Water Demo
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- A President Speaks: “Hard Work Never Killed Anybody” - January 20, 2021
- I’ve Been in Richard Young’s Maximizers for Years - January 20, 2021
- Smith Family Robinson in Live Free or Die, NH - January 19, 2021
- Are $2,000 Checks Going to Rebuild NYC? - January 15, 2021
- The Fed is Sacrificing Retirees to Save the Banks - January 15, 2021