Every two years the Newport Police Department accepts applications for employment. On Monday, when The Newport Daily News spoke with head of human resources, Michael Coury, they were beginning the last week of a three-week process. According to Coury, applications are way down.
But this isn’t a new trend. Going back to 2019, says Coury, there were 110 applications down from over 200 two years prior. This year, though, it’s fallen off a cliff with only 23 applications over the first two weeks. Not good.
Action Line: Remember, the police are reactionary. They’re not standing guard on your front porch. That’s not their job. And they’re being asked to do way too much with too little backing. America needs to back the blue.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Warren Miller: If You Don’t Do It This Year, You’ll Be… - January 30, 2023
- Your Investment Focus Is the Foundation for Success - January 30, 2023
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023