On Friday night, Becky and I visited with college friends for dinner at Scales and Shells here in Newport. It was so much fun. It had been a few years since the last time we were together, bringing back some great memories of our time at Babson.
With our oldest child now a sophomore in college and our youngest applying, it’s a funny time to be a parent. We’re in sort of a slack tide, knowing day-to-day life will be a lot different this time next year when we’re empty nesters. It’s hard not to think, “Wow, this has gone by fast.”
On Saturday, Becky and I felt like college kids taking a drive with our dog Louis to have lunch in Westport, MA, at The Back Eddy, followed by a walk along Horseneck beach. “When was the last time we got to do this?” we said.
On our walk, I was thinking about when I was a kid this was the restaurant, then called Moby Dick’s, where I’d come with my family to celebrate special occasions.
Action Line: As a longtime client reminds me: “We just need to keep on swimming.”
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Early Advice from Her Dad on Tipping at Charlie Trotter’s - February 2, 2023
- Treasury Bonds Ready to Rock and Roll - February 2, 2023
- Survive and Thrive February 2023: 4 Life Changing Words: “You Should Try This” - February 1, 2023
- Tom Brady Retires, Again. Should You? - February 1, 2023
- Reagan’s America Remembered by Your Survival Guy and More - February 1, 2023