You may have experienced a heat wave this summer.
Ours was this weekend, all over New England with temps in the 90s and the “real feel” reaching the low 100s.
It was a scorcher.
There’s no beating the heat, but going out on the boat is a nice break.
In the first video I’ll show you what it feels like to leave Newport at cruising speed, with Castle Hill off the port side, the Newport bridge to stern, and Jamestown, RI to starboard (pardon my finger it was hard to hold the phone).
In the next video we’re approaching Mattapoisett harbor. You’ll see Ned’s Point lighthouse off starboard bow as we get closer.
On the way home on Sunday, Owen and I ran into some birds working the surface which is always a good sign there’s fish.
It’s pretty peaceful waiting for them as you can see here:
We caught one fish, but I don’t have it on video (I know, typical fisherman’s story). You can see the school of pogies being worked from below by some snapper blues here:
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Rome, Paris, U.S.A.: Global Crisis in Confidence - June 2, 2023
- Your Survival Guy’s Best Insider’s Guide to Rome - June 2, 2023
- What Is a Fiduciary Duty? Are You Working with a Fiduciary? - June 2, 2023
- Survive and Thrive June 2023: Your Survival Guy in Rome 30-Years A.B. (After Babson) - June 1, 2023
- Birth Rates in France Worst Since Post-WWII Era - June 1, 2023