You may have experienced a heat wave this summer.
Ours was this weekend, all over New England with temps in the 90s and the “real feel” reaching the low 100s.
It was a scorcher.
There’s no beating the heat, but going out on the boat is a nice break.
In the first video I’ll show you what it feels like to leave Newport at cruising speed, with Castle Hill off the port side, the Newport bridge to stern, and Jamestown, RI to starboard (pardon my finger it was hard to hold the phone).
In the next video we’re approaching Mattapoisett harbor. You’ll see Ned’s Point lighthouse off starboard bow as we get closer.
On the way home on Sunday, Owen and I ran into some birds working the surface which is always a good sign there’s fish.
It’s pretty peaceful waiting for them as you can see here:
We caught one fish, but I don’t have it on video (I know, typical fisherman’s story). You can see the school of pogies being worked from below by some snapper blues here:
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Buying A Boat: Who’s Looking Out for You? - August 12, 2022
- Corporate Borrowers Giving Up on the ESG Market - August 12, 2022
- Even the ACLU Hates Gavin Newsom’s New Gun Control Law - August 12, 2022
- Your Survival Guy’s Favorite Number is 72: Here’s Why - August 11, 2022
- WHOLE FOODS CEO: “Socialists Are Taking Over” - August 11, 2022