Rhode Island General Assembly House Bill 7243 proposes to make it illegal for concealed carry licensees to carry in school zones. This week the Newport school committee said it supports the proposed legislation by a vote of 4-3. And last night, the Newport City Council unanimously approved the resolution supporting the proposed state legislation.
“What’s the good of guns in schools?” asked Councilman Justin S. McLaughlin. “There is no good that can come of it. Schools should be devoted to education. Schools should be gun-free zones. It’s as simple as that.”
Schools should be for education. But this creates another easy target for those wishing to attack large defenseless groups.
A friend of mine in the gun/self-defense industry told me his firm is getting requests from church groups for training. He said they realize that every Sunday they’re a target. They’re taking action to defend themselves.
Schools need to wake up to the fact that they’re a target. They need to have trained adults, properly armed. I can tell you as a Rhode Island concealed weapons license holder I had to go through a thorough interview and background check process.
I am not the person schools should be targeting.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- 4 Life Changing Words for Your Survival Guy: “You Should Try This” - January 26, 2023
- Anti-Carbon Crusaders in Davos Talk ESG and OPM - January 25, 2023
- Welcome to Hotel California, Where You Can Never Leave - January 25, 2023
- What You’re Telling Me Matters - January 24, 2023
- The Rich Seek More from Bank Accounts - January 24, 2023