Voters want to pick a winning horse. The Republican voters of Georgia chose to stick with their incumbent team of Governor Brian Kemp and Attorney General Brad Raffensperger, which may show there’s some bad blood over how Trump handled the Georgia Senate race in 2020. You know what Trump means to me. But Trump the idea is all about Main Street. Make America Great Again is alive and well. But it’s bigger than one man. In my conversations with you, my business contacts in Georgia, this was not about one man. It was about states’ rights, moving on, and figuring out how to win. This is no time for hurt feelings.
- Also, in Georgia, voters rewarded Trump-endorsed Senate candidate Herschel Walker with the GOP nomination. They also renewed their support for Rep. Marjorie Taylor-Greene.
- In Arkansas, former Trump press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders won the GOP gubernatorial nomination.
- In Minnesota, the battle to replace Jim Hagedorn is still too close to call, with Brad Finstad leading Jeremy Munson slightly in the race.
- In Alabama, the GOP Senate primary looks like it will be going to a runoff, with Katie Britt facing Mo Brooks, who had been endorsed by Donald Trump but then lost his endorsement. The two are hoping to replace Sen. Richard Shelby in the Senate.
- In Texas, Attorney General Ken Paxton ended the Bush dynasty by defeating George P. Bush in the primary for the AG seat. While there will not be any Bush family members in office in 2023, it’s unlikely to be the last America has seen of the Bushes.
Action Line: America is racing toward a decision point. In 2022, voters will choose whether or not to reelect the party that locked them down, gave them inflation, and racked up their debt. Click here to sign up for my free monthly Survive & Thrive letter, and I’ll help you navigate the storm to come.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Investing Habits of the Fairly Wealthy: #10 Powerball - September 29, 2023
- Your Survival Guy: “Life on Main Street Hasn’t Been This Hard in a While” - September 29, 2023
- Your Retirement Life: Striped Bass Fishing off Block Island - September 29, 2023
- “Then One Day the Grandfather was Gone” - September 28, 2023
- How Joe Biden Raised Oil Prices - September 28, 2023